back to top html arrow button

Pour me up a glass of Tree Huggin' Environment Love

Wednesday, March 31, 2010


I know that you all come every Wednesday for my WTF?  feature to see what crazy things I find, surprise!  Something different today.  C'mon, bear with me this week.  My good friend Shell over at Things I Can't Say has this new gig on Wednesday.  The only rules are it has to be from your heart.

So, if you all read me very often at all, you know I wear my heart on my sleeve.  I am the typical hothead redhead, but would really do anything for anyone (who hasn't crossed me anyway).

One of the things that is very near and dear to my heart is my hope for the futures of my children.  I want them to have every advantage they can.  I want them to live in a world that is better than the one I live in.  No sickness.  No poverty.  No hate or injustice.  A Utopia is what I dream of for them.

I do what I can to protect them from sickness.  My husband and I provide for them as best we can.  We teach them love for all people regardless of color, creed or sexual orientation.  We teach them to love every minute and to live life to it's fullest.

In order for my children to have a better life and a better world to live in, we have to do our part to take care of Mother Earth and the life she gives us.  My friend Darla over at Hissyfits and Halos posted today about the carbon footprint of blogs.  The average blog receiving 15,000 hits a month, has emissions of EIGHT (8) POUNDS of carbon dioxide a year.

So what to do?  Quit blogging?  Certainly not!  That isn't going to happen.  BUT, there is something we can do.  Plant a tree.  And we don't have to plant it ourselves.  Nope.  I post this "My blog is carbon neutral" blog.  I add a button to my blog to raise awareness.  And then a tree is planted for my blog.  EASY as 1-2-3.

I can't save the world, but I can do the easy things.  Recycle.  Use recycle bags instead of those plastic ones when shopping.  Teach my children  not to waste our resources.  AND plant a tree by posting a button.



You can too! Go to this site.  Grab the button you like.  And remove your carbon footprint.  Then there is no environmental guilt for blogging!

GO DO YOUR PART!  PLANT A TREE.  If not for me...do it for the children!  Please!

34 comments:

Lothiriel said...

I agree!! I only started recycling and actually going green about a year an half ago. I'm amazed at all the trash that actually gets recycled!

Thanks for sharing about the carbon neutral info. I'll be grabbing the button!

BNM said...

That is awesome!!! Im going to get that button :)

Anonymous said...

I have to admit.... I am the WORST when it comes to using those plastic bags. I ALWAYS forget my reusable cloth shopping bags! I drive myself crazy...

Alicia said...

i love this mama! its awesome!! what a great and easy way to help out!!! this is why i love you :)

ScoMan said...

Great idea on the Carbon Neutral thing.

I hadn't thought about the impact my amazing blogging skills drawing my bakers dozens of loyal fans to my site had on the environment.

Something to think about.

Powdered Toast Man said...

that is neat-o, I want a button! Who wants to quit blogging? Let's all plant some trees.

don't forget to play The Movie Game today on Just the Cheese

Ducky said...

ooooh! That's such a fab idea. You find all the coolest stuff.

I'm so glad you are my friend. You make my life a better place :O)

Unknown said...

Love it and will be ahem 'borrowing it" hehehe

Moooooog35 said...

How does my blog have emissions?

Is it farting? Did someone feed it a taco when I wasn't looking?

All I know is that for complete Internet domination I'm totally willing to kill a couple of polar bears.

It's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.

Melanie's Randomness said...

I try to be green. I really do. I'll definitely post this on my blog too & when I get my apartment have a plant! =)

June said...

Ward just said to me last night that he wants to buy 2 trees this weekend to replace one we cut down last fall!

Momma Fargo said...

Trees are great for breathing...produce oxygen..and I need it! The wind blew all ours away today.

Angelia said...

I'm awful about remembering my reusable bags. I do love recycling newspaper and paper shopping bags. I use them around the house for stuff too. There are several agencys that will give you free trees to plant. The Arbor Day Foundation will send you 10 free trees to plant if you sign up on their website.

Unknown said...

Grand idea ... although I'll have to check with the HOA to see if I can plant a tree on my own lot ;-) I'm following you now- glad I found you- stop by myplace when you can!

Ian said...

We are as green as green can be. Kermit would be jealous. Organic and recycling all the way.

Alison said...

I absolutely LOVE this....I have been planting a new tree in my yard every year that I have lived here. This is a new way for me to give back...THANK YOU

Tamara Dawn said...

Awesome! Thanks for sharing! I'll have to check them out =)

Anonymous said...

How bout if I sell a whole bunch of trees for people to plant???

Shell said...

I never thought about my blog having a carbon footprint! I'll have to check out that site!

Thanks for linking up!

Nancy C said...

Very cool. A few years ago, we stopped using paper towels and switched to wiping up spills with rags. It's amazing how much paper and money we've saved.

Anonymous said...

I dig...this is the least I can do!

Danielle said...

Yayyyyy I love finding new bloggers to love on through Shell's sharefest! Of course I totally missed it this week myself due to work but I'm glad I clicked your link.

I too am loyal to those who deserve it and sarcastic and occasional hot tempered... but I'm not a redhead (yet!,,,, although I'm thinking about it).

New follower!!:)

Amanda said...

I rent my school books for college ~ and when you rent a school book they plant a tree in your name! I LOVE THAT ~ and this semester I chose Tahoe because that's where we were married.

Salt said...

Wow this is really great! I'm on my way over there right now to grab that button. :)

Anonymous said...

Love this post! I got a email today about my blog being carbon neutral.

Unknown said...

I saw this post and love the idea---meant to get on it, and then all the shit hit the fan yesterday/today. Thanks for the reminder!!!

;-)

xoxoxoxoxox

Adoption of Jane said...

Just got back sons school, I had the boy arrested and pressed charges 4 assaulting my son thank you for your prayers be back online 2morrow

gayle said...

Great idea! I have to try and do a better job of doing my part!!

Kat said...

I agree! I'm going over to get my button now! I'll post something this weekend.

jp said...

just passing by to say hello, how is the new baby!

Tgoette said...

Hey this is a great idea! Well, I'm doing my part to save the planet for our future bloggers! No doubt! Great post!

Anonymous said...

I did it! http://boobiesbabiesblog.blogspot.com/2010/04/makin-world-better-place.html

I really should do more--but it's a start, right?

Claudya Martinez said...

Wow, I never even thought of my blog's carbon footprint.

Truthful Mommy said...

newest follower Please come check me out!
Debi
http://motherhoodthetruth.blogspot.com/