back to top html arrow button

WTF Wednesday - Conan The Classy Barbarion and American Sob Story

Wednesday, January 13, 2010


Oh, my lovely Lip Smackers.  Think Tank Momma is disgusted with her favorite thing this week.  I love television as most of you know.  Those of you who are new should know, I LURVE my DVR, and I love t.v.  Another thing you newbies may not know, I don't sleep.  Seriously, insomniac doesn't even cover it.  So, what's a girl to do when she doesn't sleep you ask?  I mean, besides the obvious blogging and surfing the internet.  Well, we need some background noise.  And what might you ask is my noise of choice?  Duh!  TELEVISION!

I watch Late Night TV.  I watch the news, and then The Tonight Show, and then Late Night with Jimmy Fallon and then I even watch the Carson Daly whatever show(the new format, not that shit that was called a show when he first started).

So this is WTF? Wednesday, and seriously WTF?  NBC - you douchcanoes!  Seriously?  You are going to give Leno another show over Conan?  Did he not stay with you and do what you asked him to?  Did he not fill his obligations?  Did he not pass over lucrative offer after offer to get the job he deserves and dreamed of since he was a kid?  Oh, right he did!  BECAUSE NBC you promised him the J-O-B.  So you build a great big beautiful new set.  You move Conan out to L.A.  You spend like a gazillion hours promoting The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien, and then you what?  Pull the plug?  Did you seriously believe that moving The Tonight Show to THE NEXT DAY would be acceptable?  Really?

Oh and you site ratings as the reason?  Um....pretty sure some of those notsosmart suit types you have running the place anticipated that the blue hairs who love Leno were going to need to get used to the younger hipper feel of the comedic stylings of one Conan O'Brien.  Your sponsors and affiliates are pissed that JAY LENO isn't carrying the audiences into the news hour.  Guess what?  That is a FAIL on your part.  Nice one, The Leno Show will cost less money than dramatic programming.  Yep.  That was a brilliant move.  WTF?  You all didn't anticipate the ratings drops?  You thought the affiliates wouldn't notice?  It's comedy(sort of), not fucking magic.

NBC - Take a page from Conan's book and do the classy thing.  Leave Conan's show alone.  Let Leno retire, or go to another network, or whatever.  It's a new dawn, it's a new day, and Conan makes me feel GOOD!

American Idol - WTF?  Why do we have to hear sob story after sob story?  Why?  Why?  Why?  Really, just show the auditions.  I realize I bitched when you showed nothing but talentless attention whores who were looking for 5 minutes of FOX fame, which is not to be confused with 15 minutes of real fame.  But, seriously?  I think I would rather endure three weeks of that over the poor Sally's sick Granny this, and John's near death that, and I only have one leg and live in a box but have the pipes of an angel, blah, blah, blah.  OH, and if SIMON LEAVES?  We are through.  Just sayin'.

Well my lovelies...I could continue, but I won't subject you to anymore ranting today.  I appreciate all the well wishes.  I am on the mend, I hope!

32 comments:

June said...

Holy Shit! I'm First!!!

Good morning B!
I don't watch much TV but Leno - he has one big ugly mug and I really can't stand looking at him.

Lee said...

I didn't watch Leno when he was late night and thought who in the heck would want to watch him at 9..EVERY NIGHT. NBC has sucked since they lost Seinfeld.

Dual Mom said...

AI - I always wonder if they pay some of these people to audition.... for the shock value.

Lothiriel said...

I don't like Leno, so I don't really know what's up.

I too, had it with the sob stories of all these audtioners...we all got a sob story!

..and what the hell was Victoria Beckman doing there?? urrghh...!

(I like to vent on other people's blogs...sorry)

Moooooog35 said...

What's up with Leno's chin?

THERE'S something no one has ever mentioned before.

I am awesome.

Ed said...

I agree.

Mostly.

I still didn't totally understand the NBC thing.

Ducky said...

SOMEONE PLEASE force Victoria Beckham to eat...seriously.

Leno is lame

Corrie Howe said...

I agree. What's up with TV? But I'm happy now because NCIS, House, and Chuck are all back. And this week a new 48 Hours season starts.

KristinFilut said...

I have never like Leno. He needs to go... And take his chin with him...

And, TNT, I have never seen Idol. Not once. Not ever.

GunDiva said...

Sounds like I should be glad I was stuck at work 'til all hours of the night and missed the first night of auditions. I'm *up to here* with sob stories. There are, and always will be, people out there worse off than those contestants.

Shell said...

The sob stories- enough with them! And if someone sucks and they have a sob story, PLEASE don't show that. It's just cruel.

Anonymous said...

Conan's definitely getting the short end of the club.

He and his "he-men" and "she-men" should go club NBC executives. Maybe that'll smack some sense into them!

Meeko Fabulous said...

OMG . . . I thought I was the only one . . . I can't stand the freakin' sob stories! We're not here for that. I'm here to hear you sing your ass off. Period.

Nancy C said...

I forgot that Conan had to move to the other coast too. NBC sucks.

Me-Me King said...

I'm a Letterman fan myself. And, because NBC shanked Letterman for Leno, I really don't give a fuck.

I agree with you, American Idol should cut the sob story crap.

I miss drug-induced Paula...weeeeee.

Anonymous said...

ahhhh, I missed American Idol. Crap *sigh*

Anonymous said...

OK. Dont hate me....but... I dont watch any of those shows! LOL

I only watch the first few episodes of Idol. Just so I can make fun of the idiots who think they can sing. lol

Unknown said...

Brandee--

I am so with you on the whiny shit on AI. ENOUGH ALREADY! And I'm sad Ellen wasn't on last night. Boo!

p.s. thank you so much for your sweet words on my blog yesterday---I love you and it's so good to know I'm not alone!
;-)

MrsBlogAlot said...

I was soooooo turned off by American Idol last night. What a letdown! I tuned out by the first 45 minutes.

And I really miss the train wreck Paula factor

Quixotic said...

Yup, you used to just have to be a talentless attention-seking egomanic to go on reality tv, now you ned to be a talentless attention-seeking egomaniac with a dying mother, a childhood illness and dog in a wheelchair!

Busted Kate said...

I am with you 1000%!!!

First off, Leno sucks and Conan rules. I'll go back to never watching the Tonight show if Leno goes back. BUT! I won't have my Conan to at least hold out for now. This is such bullshit! Seriously!

I really feel like they set Conan up to fail by having Leno moved to an earlier time slot. He couldn't compete with the real TV shows, so no one watched him before the news. However, those fogies who preferred Leno could still watch him and not have to watch the Tonight show. Without Leno, they would have tranferred over to Conan.

What are they doing to do with Conan now? I hope he does a cable show that focuses on all the great stuff he used to do, like the masterbating bear... and staring contests with Andy. Poor Conan! But good for him for standing up for himself.

Mammatalk said...

I've never been into Leno. I prefer a good book, really....

Unknown said...

Idol lost me a looooooooong time ago...I couldn't care less if your mother abandoned you in a reed basket and this is your one and only DREAM. Get a life, it's just singing.

Tracie said...

Can't stand Leno. He's an attention whore. TEAM CONAN all the way, baby.

said...

Once Simon's gone, it's over for American Idol. I think it jumped the shark quite a few seasons back anyway.

Allison said...

Conan has been the only late night anything I have ever watched...Jay is NOT funny. The best thing he had going for him was talking to stupid idiots in the street who thought Ben Franklin was Captain Kangaroo! Conan has class..NBC sucks ass!

No Simon=American Idol sucks!

gayle said...

If Simon leaves ...I am through too!! He is the show!!! I didn't watch tonight ...hope it was better than last night!!

How are you doing with .......you know?? healthy eating...I was BAD today ...completely went nuts at work with the chocolate...sorry had to tell someone..and you were the lucky one.

Holly Lefevre said...

That first paragraph could have been me...I do not sleep and think next to wireless internet the DVR is the bestest. I do not watch Leno or Conan but I do agree WTF is going on?

ScoMan said...

I'm not in America, I don't watch Conan (I wish I could)and it won't affect timeslots here but I am outraged by this as well.

Conan has worked hard. He deserves the show. He deserves the timeslot.

Leno is boring. He deserves to be put down.

Amanda Moore said...

Hi!
Lee said you're really funny so I came by and you are! I gotta ask tho being a "newbie" and all WTH is a douchcanoe? Just askin!
Come on over to the dark side.... watch the sci-fi channel you'll never go NBC again......

Denise said...

My late night TV consists of Roseanne and I wake up at 4 am to infomercials selling some under the door magical draft stopper thingamabob.

As for AI - if Simon leaves I don't know what I'll do. Seriously. He's the main assclown I watch the show for. The sob stories irk me. Hell, if that's what it takes to get 5 minutes of fame I could rant for weeks about the acid rain that's hammered my head for decades. I Simon's obvious replacement should be the Iron Chef... if he wasn't already doing some stupid culinary genius show.

Anonymous said...

You have really great taste on catch article titles, even when you are not interested in this topic you push to read it