back to top html arrow button

Think....before you open that famous mouth

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

What is wrong with people?  I mean seriously.  And why do celebrities think that their bad behavior is excusable just because they say "I'm sorry".    First, Serena shows her "maturity" on the court, and then Kanye decides to take a microphone from Taylor Swift and basically says, you didn't deserve to win that award.  Both celebs have since issued public statements of apology.  Does that mean we should all say that we excuse your bad example?

I don't know about you, but my momma taught me better than that.  When we left the house, when we went anywhere, we were to be on our best behavior.  I have taught my children the same thing.  So why then, are celebrities, no matter what the forum, just saying whatever the hell is on their minds?  Didn't their mommas teach them any better?  My goodness, I would be so ashamed of myself if I did that in public, not to mention the disappointment and ass chewing I would get from my mother! 

I guess there is no backlash for the ridiculous behavior so why not?  I mean, if Michael Vick can kill and torture animals, go to prison, get out as a convicted felon and still work in the NFL, why not just do whatever you want and then say those infamous little words...."I'm sorry."

The thing is....I want to hold everyone accountable.  I am accountable for my actions.  I make sure my children know they are responsible for theirs [actions].  They know that saying "I'm sorry" doesn't mean that they get a free pass for hurting other peoples feelings.  AND....if all us REGULAR folks displayed any of the aforementioned behavior on the job, or at a party for our job, or committed felonies that required prison time, we would SO have a one way ticket to the unemployment line.

Well....anyway.  That's my two cents this evening.  On an evening when a celebrity who always showed class in public passed away, rest in peace Patrick Swayze, I would challenge others to try and show some restraint.  THINK about what comes out of your mouth.  Throw a fit when the cameras aren't on you.  Behave anyway you want when children are tucked away safe and sound in their beds.  BUT, never abuse animals and please..."if you don't have anything nice to say.....SHUT THE F$%* UP!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like I missed something 'good.' I'll have to get better at watching the news!