back to top html arrow button

Share a Spoon Theme - Squash It!

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Think Tank Momma



Happy Saturday Smackers!

THEME TIME


Gourds

Well, not really gourds, because gourd actually means the dried shell of the fruit, but squash of any flavor and pumpkins in all those pretty colors.

This week's sweet and savory theme is brought to you by That One Mom from Only Parent Chronicles.

So break out those recipes.  What do you do with your butternut, buttercup, summer, cushaw or hubbard squashes?  Zucchini?  PUMPKIN?

We will do another week specifically for Pumpkin confections in the next few weeks, not to worry.  Many of you have asked for pumpkin as a theme.

Also, I thought I would just take a brief minute to Share how Share a Spoon works again.  We have some new folks joining in, which is AMAZING!  I am so happy to have more participation.

On Saturdays I post the theme for the week.  I usually have requests for themes from another blogger.  When I do, I spotlight and link to that blogger on Saturday and again on Thursday.

The link is open for a week.  If you can't post on Thursday, no worries.  Post when you can anytime that weekend/week until Wednesday.  I check the link throughout the week, and I always visit each and every recipe and comment.

I often tweet about recipes that sounds amazing.  If you tweet your post I will always RT.  I usually tweet several times on Thursday about #SaS or #ShareaSpoon and often over the course of the weekend.

Also, if you want to SHARE a recipe but do not want to post it on your site, or do not have a blog, email it to me: adrienzgirl@gmail.com
I will Share your recipe over at Momma B's Kitchen which is http://shareaspoon.blogspot.com/


So, see you this Thursday for some squashy goodness!

7 comments:

Kim of Mo Betta said...

hmmmm, I have some zucchini in the freezer...

Babes Mami said...

I don't cook with squash other then pumpkin (which I will wait for!) but my husband makes some dish that I can't pronounce or spell but I will try to get him to make it!

Unknown said...

I love Fall!
Following you back.

Andrea said...

Yay for Gourds!!!

Two weeks of fun fall stuff in a row!

Michelle Pixie said...

Mmmmmm I love squash and have the perfect recipe! ;-)

Ducky said...

Yum! I don't have any squash recipes but I LOVE it. I'm really looking forward to this one!!

Anonymous said...

Hhhmmm, I think I have a chocolate zucchini bread recipe somewhere.... I'll have to see if I can find it.