back to top html arrow button

Thank You Note Tuesday: Serving Up Gratitude with Attitude

Tuesday, February 9, 2010



Think Tank Momma







Dear Should not be driving at 115 Mr. McCrusty,
Thank you for missing my Jeep by 3 inches as you pulled out into traffic.  I obviously had the right of way since you were pulling out of a parking lot while I was minding my own business driving down the street. However, given the fact that you are old enough to die at any given second, I should certainly have stopped in moving traffic to let you out.  At least you noticed me before sudden impact.  Please also thank whatever family member renewed your driver's license online.  There is no way you could get one if you tried to pass an eye exam at the local DMV so it what very thoughtful of them to endanger the rest of the driving community.  I will make sure I clear the fucking streets next time I see your big blue boat of car on the road.  You can barely see over the steering wheel, and I know you wouldn't intentionally mow down other drivers.
Thankful to be Alive,
Not a fan of Crash Derby Driving

Dear Bitch Ass Ho Scale,
Thank you for not budging this week.  I do so appreciate that you didn't move in the wrong direction.  I know that I haven't exercised, I have been a little busy.  You know trying to prepare for my baby and all.  I realize that I have eaten like shit crap this week, being out on the go, but I have made some healthy choices.  Nevertheless, you are still my biatch!
Kiss my Fat Ass,
Holding Steady

Dear Pretender,
Thank you for pretending I don't matter.  Thank you for ignoring the fact that I am the most important person in my family's lives. Thank you for reminding me why I make the choices I make.  Thank you for reminding me that sometimes doing the right thing isn't necessarily the path that makes the most sense.  Sometimes, regardless of how much you try there are always pretenders who will do the wrong thing regardless of the latitude they are given.  No matter what, pretenders will always choose the wrong path.  Why?  I don't know.  Perhaps low self esteem?  Perhaps just plain and simply you are fucking stupid ignorant.  Or perhaps pretenders are just so self absorbed and narcissistic that while the rest of the world gets the magnitude of the situation, you think somehow it's all about you.  Whatever the case, thank you for making me look like the saint.
FUCKYOUVERYMUCH Thanks so much,
Saintly G-Momma to be

Dear Mail Lady,
Thanks so much for delivering my packages every day.  I appreciate your bad attitude enthusiasm when you honk your horn each day in the driveway, instead of bringing my packages to the door(which is your JOB, just sayin').  Your dirty looks and huffing and puffing like you are so warn out is a bit melodramatic though don't you think?  You can rest assured you will have some more packages to deliver though.  I have the bestest friends and family in the world who are FUCKING STOKED uber excited about our arrival from The Stork!  So thanks for your daily honking!  I'll see ya this afternoon!  Same bat time, same bat channel!
Anxiously Awaiting,
Very Lucky and Loved!

So there you have it Smackers!  Now I know you have some smack to run today.  Grab the button and share your gratitude, add a little ATTITUDE and write your FUCKYOUVERYMUCH Thank You Notes.  Come back here and add your name in the Mr. Linky so everyone can read your notes too!

Love!






34 comments:

June said...

No WAY! I am actually first??

Seniors need to be tested "behind the wheel" just like they do with the teens.

What the hell is it with the Postal service these days anyhow? It's not like they are paid minimum wage! Asshats.

Dual Mom said...

You should make the mail lady cookies - and give them to her while thanking her for her bright smiles and cheery disposition.

Kimberly said...

We live 1/4 of a mile away from our mailbox, we finally got a mailman that had no problem coming down to the house and giving us our mail, I discovered he was slightly creepy and he gave me the heebie jeebies and I told him to just drop a pink slip in the box from now on cause I was getting a job and wouldn't be here during the day...lol

Ducky said...

renewing those drivers license on line? Damn...why didn't I think of that.

And really, your mail lady sucks ass. Mine has a name. His name is Paul. He not only puts packages on my door step but he leaves a post it note (and you know how I adore post it notes) inside my mailbox with my mail letting me know there is a package by the door. AND he always puts a smiley face!

Menopausal New Mom said...

Ah too funny! Yes, that mail lady needs a lesson on her job duties, imagine the nerve expecting you to go and pick up parcels that SHE is paid to deliver.

About gramps behind the wheel, too many of his buddies still driving too!

Anonymous said...

You inspire me to be more grateful. Like you, I've got lots of things to be grateful for.

Ahem.

Unknown said...

OK so score one that Ky makes you come into the office to renew your license.. Thank God.. although I have seen a few like your driver that left me going HUH. OUr mial guy is awesome like yours, he blows the horn.. however he does put stuff in vehicles and just forgets to leave the notes, like the UPS guy who just drops stuff off at random abandoned houses, KNOWING It ain't your house and leaves NO NOTE about where it is..
Congrats on the new baby nd if you having a baby uit worrying bout the scale..

Ed said...

"You know trying to prepare for my baby and all."

OMG

You're PREGNANT!

Congrats.

Mama-Face said...

LOL. Although I admit to being a bit lost on the pretenders. Give me a break-- it may be my old age.

Off to renew my driver's license.

Me-Me King said...

Ugh, the snowbirds are here in Arizona in record number, I won't leave the house until April.

Mae Rae said...

okay, back up here just a second. I am freaking out. I have been away from the blog world for just a little time and SLAM i am with ED- WHAT! are you pregnant? Did i miss that post somewhere and need to go back ...help why am i so lost!

SurferWife said...

Eww. Your mail lady can go right ahead and suck it. This tempts me to mail you a package daily.

What happens when you aren't home? *Gasp* Does she have to get out of her mail truck?

BigSis said...

People who give attitude while doing their jobs SUCK! You are right!

MostlyFlumxdArt said...

Following after finding your awesomeness through My Kids Might Be Martians...and I believe I will be copying, pasting and printing out your Thank You note to the mail lady- cause that's how my Mailbitch acts too! Can't wait to read more of your blog!

anya said...

Bravo! You say what I think sometimes - especially about those "pretenders".

jp said...

Dear Pretender,


love that one!

Tgoette said...

Yeah I hate older drivers! I'm sure that even if they aren't involved in the accidents they probably cause a lot of them by people trying to get out of the way of them. We need to take away their cars and give them a free bus pass.

Angelia said...

That makes me want to mail you a huge box, like a washing machine box- with only a nicely wrapped pencil inside it.

Tamara Dawn said...

I LOVE these! I need to give my scale a good ass kicking. That bitch tells me I have gained 4 lbs in the last two weeks. Damn Ho.

Anonymous said...

If my mail lady ever honked at me I'd definitely open the door and give her the finger.

Just want to let you know I linked to you for Thankyou Tuesdays. I'm all over it!

Iva Messy said...

haha the "dear pretender" one ;) woohoo for g-momma to be!!

Kate said...

I love all of these notes but the bad driver one particularly!

Kate x

Unknown said...

nasty mailmen/women are the worst. LAZY LAZY LAZY. and mean.

carissajaded said...

Ahhh your delivery lady doesn't come to the door??? NOMAAM.com!!!

Leave a note. or a sign, whatever. tell that biz to get off her ass and do her job!!!

ScoMan said...

Old people shouldn't drive. Take peoples licences at 60.

And that is just crap of your delivery lady to do that. But I've had my delivery guy just leave stuff on my step before. Sometimes opened. Delivery people suck. Most of them. There must be a few good ones out there.

Alicia said...

she sits outside and HONKS!!! UH-UH!!! that woman is CRAZY!! but then again, she does work for the postal service so.....i guess its kind of a prerequisite. loved the thank yous!!

drollgirl said...

well at least the scale didn't move in the wrong direction! i fell off the wagon over the weekend (HARD), but am back at it again. sigh. hahahah

The Insatiable Host said...

hells ya!

i say make some special brownies and give them to your postal woman...perhaps its what she needs.

as for the widget...sooo grabbing that shit! great idea!!!

danon

www.insatiablehost.blogspot.com
www.pantypyramid.blogspot.com

Claudya Martinez said...

Your mail lady sucks!

Anonymous said...

Now I cant wait to send my package.... It will make you happy, and piss off the mail lady. Its like the best of both worlds!!!

Hissyfits & Halos said...

Our mail lady sucks azz, too!
Can I guess @ who the pretender is? ;)

Corrie Howe said...

We live in an area where mail is contracted out to independent drivers. We don't have the same one for more than a year or so. We also have the direct number to the Post Master General and usually a call takes care of our problems.

gayle said...

What is wrong with the mail people out there!! I haven't had a good one since the mid 80ts!! when you were probably a little girl!!

Unknown said...

OMG.. those were hysterical!!!