back to top html arrow button

Friday Follies and Fun Facts: Movie Trivia

Friday, February 5, 2010

Happy Friday Lip Smackers!  I thought I would brighten your weekend with some little known facts and trivia about the Silver Screen.  I am a huge movie buff so, I hope you enjoy.  

Before we get started I just wanted to give everyone a big shout out.  I know I have been a little scarce this week and last week.  I still love you.  I will be by really soon to love all over your blogs.  Momma has a lot of big news to share with you real soon.  

Anyannouncement, moving right along.


LIGHTS, CAMERA, ACTION:

Blunders:

In what movie is the following geography error?
 
In the opening scenes, David and Jack reveal that they are in Northern England.  All the locals speak with Yorkshire accents.  However, the scene was actual filmed in Wales and the terrain is far to mountainous to be Yorshire.

In what film did the following error occur?
This beloved movie was supposed to be set in 1938. In a scene, an orange box can clearly be seen stamped with the words "Produce from Isreal", 10 years before Isreal was founded.


Cameos:

Stephen Spielburg appears as a clerk and receives money from these Brothers at the end of what film?

David Prowse, the actor who played Darth Vader in the original Star Wars trilogy has a cameo role in what famous Stanley Kubrik classic?  He is the caretaker for the man who was beaten.

Quotes:

"I like my coffee black, just like my men!"

"That's my philosophy: a hundred dollar shine on a three dollar pair of boots."

"When you're smart, people need you."

"Well, my name is Jim.  But, most people call me.....Jim."

Alright my lovies.   That is all the trivia for today.  Answers are posted at the very bottom.  Now be truthful.  How many did you know?



Happy Friday.  Happy Super Football Weekend (No infringement there but you get the idea.)






(Answers in orderBlunders:  An American Werewolf in London, The Sound of Music.  Cameos:  The Blues Brothers, A Clockwork Orange.  Quotes:  Airplane!, Stripes, Real Genius, Blazing Saddles.)

32 comments:

Moooooog35 said...

I nailed all of them.

Actually, 2 of them.

The rest I got from the answer key.

But I can do anything. I'm the chief of police.

(Jaws)

Ducky said...

MUAH!

That's all.

(mostly because I haven't seen a movie since 1842 and I don't retain that kind of stuff well)

Unknown said...

I think I already mentioned I.SUCK.AT.THIS.GAME.

p.s. GEAUX SAINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Woohoo!

Travis said...

Yeah, I didn't get any of them.

I guess I suck at this game too.

Actually, can I just repost Erin's comment?

Naw... That's lazy.

Dual Mom said...

None of them. C'mon I have trouble remembering to put panties on in the morning...how do you expect me to remember obscure movie trivia woman! Oh the pressure.

Hope you're weekend is calm and everyone is well!

Lori said...

Hubs and I quote Stripes and Airplane all the time! So many great lines from both movies!

Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Ack. Even after my diet dr pepper pumped brain, I can't think this hard.

Sorry, GF. It's me. Not you.

hee hee

Unknown said...

umm I got the blues brothers one and thats about it lol

B-Dub said...

I am horrid putting quotes with movies, songs with bands or titles, makers of cars with the right model. As such it is not surprising that I didn't get any of them. However, they were familiar I just didn't get the right name with the right one. Doh!

BigSis said...

I didn't know any of them. Clearly, I need to spend more time in front of the TV. Thanks for being such a great enabler!

Meeko Fabulous said...

I didn't know any of them . . . LoL

Shell said...

I love movies, but you totally had me stumped!

Alicia said...

YESYESYES!!! my favorite!! loving the clockwork orange you threw in!! i LOVE that movie...but the fact that you ended with BLAZING SADDLES!!! omg one of my favorite movies EVER!!! i ADORE madeline kahn!! 'a wed wose. how womantic' HAAA!!

Nancy C said...

I knew most of them...anything Blues Brothers, and I'm all over it.

Tracie said...

Still rocking the 0%.

Have a great weekend!

Conquer The Monkey said...

Miss you mama, but thanks for the shout out! You do what ya gotta, and we'll c u realll soon over at the monkey :)
hugs and freakin' tgif!!!

June said...

I got nothing,
But a whole lotta love for you!

Meg said...

I got the quotes but hardly anything else...and I call myself a movie buff. I'm so ashamed.

Holly Lefevre said...

Oh my...I am the lamest when it comes to movies...I got a big fat ZERO! Fun!

Anonymous said...

I got them ALL.....

immediately after reading your answers.

Anonymous said...

I didn't know any of them. But I am watching the Superbowl.

Secretia

SurferWife said...

Ok. Not cool. I could hardly concentrate because now I need to know this big announcement.

Obvs, I knew the Airplane quote since I say that to my 90 year old grandma. She likes her coffee black, too. So I am forever reminding her that she likes her men that way, also.

gayle said...

I have a Terrible memory!! What is your news?? Can't wait!!

Iva Messy said...

0/0 YAY ME !! ;) lol Happy Friday, have a great weekend!!

Ed said...

I'm stumped.

Corrie Howe said...

I didn't get any. But your first question reminded me of NCIS. My husband and I love the show, but we laugh every time the team heads to Pax River NAS. First of all, they make it sound like their office on the Navy Yard and Pax River are close, if you think two hours is close. Second, there are no mountains around Pax River, in the background, like in their scences...because Pax River NAS juts out into...the Patuxent River, duh. (We live near Pax River NAS in case you didn't figure out.)

rachaelgking said...

HA! I love stuff like this. It's like Pop Up Video in blog form ;-)

Claudya Martinez said...

I didn't know squat.

ScoMan said...

I got the Blues Brothers one.. but only because of the word "Brothers"

I suck at movie trivia.. but now, thanks to you, if I face these questions again.. I'll suck a little less.

Menopausal New Mom said...

I love movies too but I prefer the older ones from the 40's and 50's. Didn't know one answer! Guess I need to get out more!

Anonymous said...

hip hop pendants [url=http://www.blingforfun.com]hip hop jewelry[/url],[url=http://www.blingforfun.com/pendants/cat_9.html]hip hop pendants[/url],informed bound watches,[url=http://blingforfun.com/belts/cat_18.html]bling bling[/url] ,hip spring,[url=http://blingforfun.com/chains/cat_7.html]hip caper chains[/url],aware caper bling,[url=http://blingforfun.com/chains/cat_7.html]iced out like a light chains[/url],[url=http://www.blingforfun.com/chains/cat_7.html]wholesale chains[/url]
hip jump jewelry

Anonymous said...

Hi guys,

Do you want to play solitaire online?
[url=http://sprintsolitaire.com]SprintSolitaire[/url] is the best place to play solitaire online!

With exclusive Solitaire variation like Klondike you will always get a new challenge!

Are you ready to play solitaire online?

Click here to [url=http://sprintsolitaire.com]play solitaire online[/url]