back to top html arrow button

Think first...then Blog

Thursday, August 6, 2009

As a mom of a teenager I am often horrified at what teens today blog about, tweet about, post on their mySpace and FB pages. YouTube video posts are the most terrifying. I remember as a teen trying at all costs to keep what we were doing secret. We did not want our parents finding out where we were going, who we were with or what the plans were. Teens today will post the photo play by play with editorials to boot.

Which leads me to the title of this post..THINK first..then BLOG. As a parent there are just some things that we do not need the visuals on. Don't get me wrong, I do not want to be one of those parents who sticks her head in the sand and pretends that her child is not out there doing those things. However, I do not need to see the pictures of TEENS gone WILD either. Nor do I need the "colorful" commentary they are so fond of posting.

I am eternally grateful that as a teenager I did not have a digital venue to record my every mindless move.

No comments: