back to top html arrow button

A Tribute and Heartfelt Thanks

Wednesday, November 11, 2009


Welcome friends.  There will be none of my usual shtick and snarcasms today.  I am not serious often, but today is Veteran's Day.  I'd like to take this opportunity to thank all the men and women who have served this country that I love.  Thank those who still serve.  Who leave their families, leave their loved ones, leave their country in order to give me the ability and the freedom to say whatever I want, when I want, how I want.  Regardless of where your political views rest, we can all agree, those who serve the country we love, should be recognized for their patriotism.


To every man who has laid down his life for God and Country, I thank you.


To every man who has served with honor, I thank you.


To every man who believes in duty for others, I thank you.





I found some quotes I'd like to share I found befitting a Veteran's Day Tribute.


When our perils are past, shall our gratitude sleep?
by George Canning


In war, there are no unwounded soldiers.
by Jose Narosky


As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.
by John Fitzgerald Kennedy


In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.
by Mark Twain


How far that little candle throws his beams! So shines a good deed in a weary world.
by William Shakespeare



As you go about your day today, please take time to remember those who have served, continue to serve and have paid the ultimate price for the freedoms you hold dear.

As always, I leave you, and every Veteran with LOVE!

12 comments:

The Peach Tart said...

Thanks for posting this. We have much to thank our Veterans for.

Allison said...

This is a great post and that Mark Twain quote is so true! So true!

Anonymous said...

Well said, Brandee. Thank You!

Travis said...

Chiming in here. I believe these "non-funny" posts MUST be supported. Sometimes everyone forgets that not everything has to be funny.

Thank you for this.

Ducky said...

Fantastic post! I agree 100%

I was actually planning on using a couple of these quotes on a post myself today... just so you know, I'm not poaching... :O)

Ed said...

You're welcome.

Actually, I didn't really do much myself.

I would have, but unfortunately we were at peace.

Thanks to the guys that did, though.

Confessions From A Work-At-Home Mom said...

What a beautiful tribute. Thank you for sharing, especially all those great quotes!

~Elizabeth
http://confessionsfromaworkingmom.blogspot.com

Mandi said...

Great post!!! I am thankful that my children have so many amazing men to protect them. Thanks for reminding everything that they do to keep my family safe and happy. I love all your funny post but this is one pretty great, too!

Jennifer G. said...

Lovely. Just lovely.

Tracie said...

A wonderful post. Thanks for reminding us.

Mammatalk said...

Lovely post.

conquer The Monkey said...

A great post, thank you for posting, SO important!!!