back to top html arrow button

D2F for Cheesecake's sake!

Thursday, October 22, 2009

So my girl crush buddy blogger extraordinaire, Cheescake over at Mad Boastings of a Cheapskate Mom started this whole blogoshpere movement with the also FABUlous DiPaolo Momma over at Chicken Nuggets of Wisdom.  They decided since many of us sit around in pajamas most of the day, hell, most of the week, o.k., so I never get out of mine, that it might make sense for us to try and spruce ourselves up on occasion, and bring some LOVE to life.  You know, even if just for ourselves, but hey if the hubs likey-likey, BONUS!  SO.....I am joining the Drabby to Fabby Friday movement.  (Plus, there are prizes to be won peeps!  And what can I say, I am a sucker for free makeup!)

I have had a rough week, you know, having contracted the Yak! flu and all.  BUT, I felt much better today.  And I think everyone is officially on the mend.  Kooper didn't end up getting it, so I am still crossing fingers on that one.  But, come to think of it, since he had his tonsils removed, he does seem to skate by without contracting the rest of the crap we all end up with.  Anyway, Kenna took a photo of me Monday before things really got bad, but after the puking had already started making it's way through the family.  I looked, um....ROUGH!  So I have cropped the pic to show just the eyes.  BARE Nekkid!  No makeup!  OMG!
Cheesecake, I would only do this for you woman!



Today, after a new head of hair color, yeah!  And, doing major construction with eyeliner and mascara.  My baby brown's look more like this!


It's truly amazing how much better you feel when you get up and do what it takes to look beautiful.  I am glad to have joined the movement!  Thanks for the kick in the ass motivation Tamara, and Lara!  I love your idea, it is much needed.

I decided to start with eyes, cause they are my favorite feature.  FOR anyone.  The eyes say so much about a person.  I love them.  Brown ones, blue ones, green ones...ones that change color.  They can tell you everything about a person.  Who they are, what they are.  They can be warm, and they can be cold.  But, a person's eyes will always let you know what is in the heart and in the soul!

So, thanks for all the arm twisting encouragement Cheesecake and Momma Nuggs!  I will continue to do the whole D2F squared movement with ya!

Love!!

19 comments:

Lee the Hot Flash Queen said...

I'm going to take your word for it that you feel better!! LOL

Tamara aka Cheapskate Mom said...

Girrrrrrrl, you are so HOTTIE-TAWTIE you are fogging up your camera, hehe! Love this post, I am glad you are feelng better! Show off that new hair color by posting a Hair Plea post in our Fabby Hair giveaway and get 10 entries for that $150.00 giftbasket!

Ugh I sound like an infomercial..but it is for the greater good of fabulousity that all of us have buried under the laundry and diapers and dishes and...hell I could go on forever!

have a great Friday! Thanks for the <3

The Peach Tart said...

I think that's a great idea. I sit around most of the time in PJs but feel so much better when I put on a little makeup and flat iron my hair.

LiLu said...

I'm with you. The eyes are by far the coolest feature... and yours are just lovely. ;-)

kys said...

Looking good!

Michelle said...

I keep thinking I'll jump in, but havent yet.

My eyes are mostly green, but me, my oldest daughter and my youngest daughter all change eye colors. What a unique gift that is!

Alicia said...

you know what, i think thats awesome!! what a great idea! i may just have to try this out!

Amy Gray Light said...

I have always thought my blue eyes were my best feature...they ca be slate blue or violet based on what I wear. Last week the Bobbi Brown counter person cornered me browsing and lured me in with a comment about how to perk up my eyes - she talked me into a plumy brown cake liner that does make them pop...

Mammatalk said...

Is this a PJ revolution? About time!!

And, you look fabulous without makeup! Glad you are feeling better. Hoping to dodge the flu bullet over here. Fingers crossed.

adrienzgirl said...

It is a revolution! C''mon and join the fun!

Thanks, and hope you all don't get the flu! :P

adrienzgirl said...

I have always thought that the browns and purples make the baby blues look better. I see many blue eyed blonds with blue shadow and it doesn't do them justice!!

adrienzgirl said...

C'mon and join, the more the merrier!!! :P

adrienzgirl said...

**kiss kiss**

adrienzgirl said...

LiLu you gotta join the fun!

adrienzgirl said...

Green are my fav...shhh...don't tell anyone else!

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

Operation beautiful says we are beautiful all the time, of course today your extra gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

Did I miss your post-its from link up at Supah's?

Shell said...

Looks fabulous, my dear!

Lori said...

Glad you are feeling better...I keep waiting for that damn flu to hit our house. In the meantime, my allergies are still kicking my butt!!!