My great friend Kristin, the blogger formerly known as That One Mom has been on a roll this week. First, she came out of the closet. Changed her name on her blog and Twitter, when she decided to share her true authentic self with the rest of the world. I loved the post.
Then today, she posts her 10 Commandments of Kristin. Her basic rules of being Kristin. Fabulous post. If you haven't already, go read it here.
So....I am doing my own. Basically, these are a set of non-negotiable guidelines if you will to live by. Everyone has them, but, writing them down and really thinking about what makes the top ten is an exercise I think we can all benefit from.
Here's my list:
1. Love thy self. (You must love yourself before you can love others.)
2. When in doubt, opt for truth. (The truth will always set you free.)
3. Do it with passion or don't do it at all.
4. Don't sweat the small stuff. (The big stuff is never in short supply.)
5. Forgiveness begins with me.
6. Never go to bed angry.
7. Enjoy the moments. (They are gone too quickly, no time to lament what you didn't enjoy the first time around.)
8. Take time when you need it. (You are no good to yourself or others when you need a moment to breathe, grieve, cry, etc.)
9. Teach love, don't just preach it. (Actions speak louder than words!)
10. LAUGH. Laugh long. Laugh loud. Laugh often.
So...what are yours? Have you ever sat down and written them out for yourself?
DIY Natural Kitchen Cleaner
1 day ago