back to top html arrow button

ProFlowers Fruitasia Basket Review

Sunday, July 18, 2010

I recently was offered the opportunity to review a fruit gift basket from ProFlowers.  I was really excited.  I have received many ProFlowers gifts in the past from friends and family, so having the opportunity to review, I was thrilled.  (Image below is from the ProFlower's site.)

When the box arrived I was really excited because it was from Cherry Moons.  BDC has ordered flowers with "treats" for me before and everything that came from Cherry Moons has been fabulous.

I chose to review a fruit basket because the boys and I are fruit-a-holics, if you will. We really like fruit.  My boys are obsessed with apples.  BDC is especially fond of fresh pears.  Me?  I'm a Florida girl, citrus is my form of sunshine!

The boys and I cracked that box open before the FedEx guy had even left our driveway.  Yeah, we're sad like that.  Plus, with the love of fruit in this house?  Of course there wasn't any here.  I seriously cannot keep enough fruit in the house for three tweeny boys.  Whew!



The picture above are what we received.  The contents of the basket were exactly what the website advertises (3 Imperial Comice or D'Anjou Pears, 2 Cherry Moon Sensation Red Pears, 3 Buerre Bosc Pears, 3 Fuji Apples, 3 California Navel Oranges, 2 Granny Smith Apples).  The fruit was in impeccable condition, save for one small bruise on a Granny Smith apple, but even that was clearly just from the shipping process.

Being the fruit lovers we are in this home, I have purchased lots of fruit over the last several months.  The pears and apples in this basket were sweeter and juicier than anything I have been able to find in the grocery store, farmer's markets and organic whole foods markets.

If you are considering flowers for a new mom, or friend who has been sick or hospitalized.  I would much rather have the fruit than the flowers.  Think Tank Momma says consider fruit instead!




(ProFlowers provided this basket to me for an honest review.  These opinions are mine and mine alone.  I did not receive financial compensation for review of this product.)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you enjoyed your fruit!

Buffee said...

Dang it!! I forgot my pear when I left yesterday.

KristinFilut said...

Yum. maybe I should've gotten fruit. But I totally didn't share my basket...

Helene said...

You are SO right!! Instead of flowers, I've sent fruit baskets to friends who have either had babies or just to brighten someone's day!!

Macey said...

I never even thought of sending fruit, what a great idea!!!

gayle said...

I like getting fruit as a gift!!