back to top html arrow button

Share a Spoon - The Red, White and Blue

Thursday, June 30, 2011

 Think Tank Momma



Share a Spoon Thursday

"Red, White and Blue"


Happy Thursday Smackers!  Are you ready for the long holiday weekend?  I know I am!  I can't wait actually.  My boys are going to Gramma's.  My sister is moving into her own place.  The 4th is going to be a quiet reflective holiday with just BDC, Belly and MOMMA!  *insert happy dance*

I love the 4th.  We normally have a big party, fireworks, the whole shebang!  This year has been such a whirlwind though, I am looking forward to the quiet holiday.  We can't light off fireworks this year, there is a BIG "No BURN BAN" in place here in Florida right now.  You know, given that everything is already on fire.

We're going to throw a couple of sausages on the grill marinated in BBQ sauce, some vegetables and I will make some of my favorite potato salad.  To make it special I am going to use some Star Spangled Potatoes!

These little red, white and blue potatoes are so pretty!  I love them!





RWB Potato Salad

2lbs red, white and blue small potatoes
1 shallot finely diced
2-3 ribs celery chopped
1-2 medium Kosher dill pickles diced
3 boiled eggs diced
2 teaspoons of dijon mustard
Drizzle Olive Oil
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream
Splash of milk or cream
1 teaspoon celery seeds
1/2 teaspoon celery salt
Salt and pepper


Boil 3 eggs.  I cover mine with cold water, bring them to a boil and then turn them off.  Allow them to cool down and then I peel them.

Cut the small potatoes in halves.  Boil in salted water until just fork tender.  Don't overcook.

As soon as you drain the potatoes drizzle just a bit of olive oil over the potatoes, along with the mustard and salt and pepper.

In a small bowl, mix mayo, sour cream, celery salt and a splash of milk (or cream).  Set aside.

In a large bowl toss potatoes, diced shallot, pickles, celery and chopped boiled eggs.  Stir in the mayo/sour cream mix.  Sprinkle with celery seeds.

Enjoy!


I hope you have a safe and happy holiday with friends and family!  Remember how lucky we are to live in FREEDOM!  Love!








3 comments:

Kim of Mo Betta said...

I haven't seen those potatoes! Too cool! Congrats to your sis on getting her own place!

Ducky said...

I have never seen potatoes like that before! And I'm so hungry that just sounds awesome.

Can you believe I've never done my own fireworks? Its always been illegal where I live so we've never bought them. This year I'll be celebrating in an area that will allow them for three days. Should be fun!

Anonymous said...

What?!?!

We dont have star spangled spuds here!!

Dude, I feel ripped off!!